There are many lawyers in New York City but not all are New York City spinal cord injury lawyers. It is important to look for someone who is skilled in this area and who cares about what happens to you.
In the United States approximately 8,000 people end up with spinal cord injuries because of several reasons. Some are related to accidents and others are related to crime. Many times there is an accident that causes a spinal cord injury that could have been avoided.
The challenge for people with a spinal cord injury is that there are so many problems that happen in addition to the spinal cord injury which means that an individual will now have to learn how to start living with this disability.
Some of the challenges that people will face including some of the following:
- Loss of sensation to specific parts of the body
- Sexual dysfunction
- Bowel or bladder problems
It is important for you to know how to find the right lawyer, a lawyer that specializes in obtaining settlements for victims of personal injury.
Here are a few questions to ask when you need a Manhattan spinal injury lawyer:
- How long have you worked with spinal cord injuries? This will let you know whether this is a seasoned personal injury lawyer or someone who is just chasing business.
- How long do you take to answer my calls? This question will let you know how this attorney operates and whether you can get in touch with them if you have a question.
- What are your specialties with spinal cord injuries? This question is to see whether they have worked with your type of spinal cord injury in the past.
- Do you or someone in your firm have trial experience? Sometimes you can settle out of court but if you need to go to court you want a personal injury attorney who has trial experience.
- Does the attorney offer a free consultation. Either by phone or by a visit to his office. It would be much better for you to visit his office and meet him personally before making this crucial decision.
There are other questions that need to be asked but these will get you started. When you talk to a New York spinal cord injury attorney you can judge more accurately if they are the one for your case.